Explore all resources related to
The Creoptix® WAVEsystem is driving biologics development and enables researchers to study biologic drugs in a wide range of biofluids and other complex matrices.
Shedding light on Sybody® candidates binding onto SARS-CoV-2 spike RBD
In this TechNote we show how the WAVE system can be used to understand the binding dynamics of Sybody® candidates to the receptor binding domain (RBD) of SARS-CoV-2, both provided by Linkster Therapeutics AG and the University of Zürich. With high sensitivity and robust microfluidics, the WAVEsystem is suitable for competition assays, confirming and enriching ELISA data. By providing a rapid kinetic characterization for inhibition assays, with ACE2 kindly provided by leadXpro, the WAVE is accelerating the development of therapeutics against SARS-CoV-2.
Real is natural
The Creoptix® WAVEsystem enables researchers to study biologic drugs in a wide range of biofluids and other complex matrices. With superior sensitivity to traditional Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) technologies for more accurate measurement of binding affinity and binding kinetics, the Creoptix WAVEsystem is driving biologics development.
Sybody® candidates compete for ACE2 binding onto SARS-CoV-2 Spike RBD
Rapid kinetic characterization for inhibition assays
Listen to Markus Seeger (University of Zurich) and Rony Nehmé (Creoptix) discuss binding affinities and selectivity of Sybody® candidates to the receptor-binding domain (RBD) region of SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein. Highlights:
- Why ELISA signals alone are not enough to predict potency in biologics development
- Why did Markus choose the WAVEsystem for the biomolecular interaction analysis at his lab?
- Why choosing the right candidates at the very early stages of research matters.
J. D. Walter, C. A. J. Hutter, A. A. Garaeva, M. Scherer, I. Zimmermann, M. Wyss, J. Rheinberger, Y. Ruedin, J. C. Earp, P. Egloff, M. Sorgenfrei, L. Hürlimann, I. Gonda, G. Meier, S. Remm, S. Thavarasah, G. Zimmer, D. J. Slotboom, C. Paulino, P. Plattet, M. A. Seeger. “Highly potent bispecific sybodies neutralize SARS-CoV-2.”
Binding kinetics supporting peptide discovery
In collaboration with Pepscan
- Optimization of peptides for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes.
- Off-rate screening as a valuable alternative approach to small molecule fragments and peptide selection in drug discovery.
- GCI technology can be used as orthogonal validation technique for ELISA data.
- Measuring kinetics in biofluids provides valuable insights into a drug’s efficacy.
- CLIPS® as a powerful and bio-orthogonal peptide cross linking chemistry.
Early stage kinetics and validation of ELISA data
- High-quality kinetics in a wide range of crude samples ranging from peptides to membrane proteins and relevant clinical samples.
- WAVE goodbye to lengthy and laborious receptor purification procedures.
- Welcome contaminants and work with crude samples.
Real samples, real data
PEGS Europe 2019
Assess antibody profiling in undiluted biofluids for reliable kinetic profiling in conditions closer to real life. Study kinetics in aggregating proteins (fibrils).
J. D. Walter, C. A. .J. Hutter, I. Zimmermann, M. Wyss, P. Egloff, M. Sorgenfrei, L. M. Hürlimann, I. Gonda, G. Meier, S. Remm, S. Thavarasah, P. Plattet, M. A. Seeger. “Sybodies targeting the SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain.”
Biochemical and biophysical characterization of biologics
In collaboration with Shawn Owen (University of Utah)
- Measuring kinetics in biofluids does provide valuable insights into a drug’s efficacy.
- How can I best characterize antibody drug conjugates using biochemical and biophysical techniques?
- Determination of level of payload and site of conjugation of ADCs using LC/MS.
- Thermal stability and binding affinity of ADCs characterization using DSC, IR, ITC and GCI.
- What is the Grating-Coupled Interferometry technology?
A physicochemical approach to characterizing antibody-drug conjugates through stability into target validation
PEGSBoston Virtual 2020 - Waters & Collaborators
A panel of methods were used to establish comprehensive characterization of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), including liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, size exclusion chromatography, microfluidic modulation spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, grating-coupled interferometry (GCI) and isothermal titration calorimetry.
Augmented affinity in antibody-antigen interactions: impact on design of diagnostic assays
Presented by Mologic at PEGS Boston 2019
Anti-p24 antibody binding kinetics were measured using the Creoptix WAVEdelta system. The results of this study reveal a surprising enhancement in affinity due to a significant 21-fold increase in on-rate when anti-p24 mAb1 recognizes the anti-p24 mAb2-p24 complex.
Journal of Molecular Biology, 2019
F. Andres, L. Iamele, T. Meyer, J.C. Stüber, F. Kast, E. Gherardi, H.H. Niemann, A. Plückthun. "Inhibition of the MET Kinase Activity and Cell Growth in MET-Addicted Cancer Cells by Bi-Paratopic Linking."