What is waveRAPID?
Speeding up the early stages of drug discovery is crucial to getting new medicines to the patients faster. On the commercial side, accelerating R&D will improve the profitability of new therapies and shorten time-to-revenue. Addressing those needs Creoptix is proud to introduce waveRAPID, the new way of measuring kinetics.
Instead of relying on a titration series, waveRAPID (Repeated Analyte Pulses of Increasing Duration) injects a single concentration, pulsing the sample over the sensing surface at increasing durations, meaning kinetics can be derived from a single well.
How to use waveRAPID
In this video, Dr. Kaspar Cottier, CTO and Founder of Creoptix, will explain why the measurement of kinetics is important when screening molecules, outlining the technology behind waveRAPID, how you can use the system, and the associated benefits.
What are the benefits of waveRAPID?
With no need for serial dilutions or DMSO corrections, set-up time is significantly reduced, runs are faster, and wells are freed up to run more samples. In summary, waveRAPID offers the following benefits:
- Save time and costs: more interactions in hours, not days
- Get more insight: capacity to screen broad kinetic range
- Run more samples: transform 96 well plate to 96 datasets
- Ease-of-use: accelerate kinetic screen
Curious? Download the waveRAPID Whitepaper.
A crucial step in the drug discovery process is the screening of many compounds to narrow down the candidates to a few promising leads. Here, we introduce waveRAPID, which relies on a time-dependent concentration profile of the analyte at the sensor surface.
In contrast to traditional kinetics measurements, waveRAPID generates a pulsating concentration profile by injecting the analyte at the same concentration, but multiple times. For example, 96 different interactions can be analyzed from a single 96-well microtiter plate as compared to only 16 with a traditional assay using a six-fold dilution series. Get a free copy of the waveRAPID Whitepaper and find out:
- how the new waveRAPID method is different from traditional kinetics measurements
- how to achieve high sensitivity while accommodating the toughest samples
- how to measure more interactions in hours, rather than days
Are you taking weeks from hit-to-lead progression when it could be days?
In this Technote, conducted by an HTS drug discovery group of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd, we demonstrate the power of waveRAPID in streamlining the kinetic characterization of large numbers of drug hit compounds, with results comparable to traditional SPR and high reproducibility.
The Technote is great for people who want to learn more about:
- Screening of crude mixtures: small molecules, fragments and peptides
- Fast hit-to-lead progression
- Unstable targets
- Difficult compounds
What do users say about waveRAPID?
Dr. Nicolas Bocquet, Senior Scientist at leadXpro, and Prof. Helena Danielson, Professor of Biochemistry at Uppsala University are sharing their waveRAPID experiences in the videos below.
- Dr. Nicolas Bocquet uses the WAVEsystem to assist its study of membrane protein structural biology and will compare the use of the waveRAPID to classical methods for studying biologics
- Prof. Helena Danielson will explore how her team uses waveRAPID to resolve fragment kinetics and discuss the associated benefits of the system for drug discovery pipelines
Sensitivity and speed are crucial for our experiments – waveRAPID is six times faster than traditional methods.